As we close 2016, let’s reflect on how you’ve helped spread the word about workplace bullying.
In 2016, we had more than 20,000 blog views and nearly 13,000 unique visitors. Compare those numbers to nearly 4,000 views and nearly 2,200 unique visitors in 2015. That’s five times more views and almost six times more unique visitors in 2016. And yet we only posted twice as many blog posts (135 in 2016 versus 55 in 2015).
Our Facebook page likes have also increased dramatically in just one year: from 2,123 to 2,878. We’re talking a 75 percent increase.
There were roughly 650 Twitter followers earlier this year. Now we’re at 827 — an increase of almost 80 percent.
What these numbers mean
Here’s what we can say from these numbers:
- Insights on workplace bullying resonate with more people than ever.
- More supporters share more Facebook posts and tweets in record numbers.
We have you to thank for these numbers:
- You’re sharing information that resonates with you to help others.
- You’re sending us articles you find so we can post them in the first place.
The biggest takeaway: we’re well-positioned going into the new legislative session in January when we gained the support of 58 sponsors. With 200 members of the entire Massachusetts Legislature, that’s nearly one-third who sponsored the anti-workplace bullying Healthy Workplace Bill.
Imagine how much legislative support we can get with our number of advocate supporters now.
What you can do now
- If you haven’t already, like us on Facebook.
- Then click on the “Invite friends to like this Page” link at the top of the righthand column.
- Invite as many of your friends as possible. Even if they don’t live in Massachusetts, they can share articles to spread the word.
Stay tuned for a planning meeting in early 2017. Let’s make this the session we make workplace bullying illegal in Massachusetts.